Monday, June 17, 2013

The Day After

Yesterday's post was emotional and the evening continued to be so.  Ben came to us and said he felt led by God to accept the missionary position in Cameroon, Africa.  Yup I said, AFRICA.  That would entail a year of college in Austin, Texas to train. Once in Cameroon, he would assist with running the Orphanage there.  He would continue his studies at the Cameroon Campus for three more years.  Then he'd have his degree and experience in running an orphanage, so he could start another one.

College in Texas would begin in January. We support Ben in this as it's God's plan for his life.  He's been preparing for this much of his teen years.  His dream is finally coming true for him.  Mixed feelings as a mom, but this is what we grew him up to do, God's will for his life.

I forgot to post a few pictures for Father's Day.
                                      This picture has been my on my computer desktop for a week now.
The caption on this  photo was, "Dad is a son's first hero and a daughter's first love."
                                                 This made me grin from ear to ear.  What a Dad huh?
I've been busy working on cards today with some of my new stamps.  Check these out.  I really love sponging and was playing around with some techniques on these cards.  This first one I used a tissue to add color to the center panel.  I masked the panel off to color it and then embossed with versamark and clear embossing powder then added the saying.  The plants were stamped in marina mist then navy inks.
Here's my favorite so far today.  I stamped the grasses then the goose then added the color with a sponge. For the clouds I used the retired SU cloud maker.
 Here are the cute sandpipers running in and out of the water.  I sponged the colors after I stamped the birds.  I added a circle mask and sponged daffodil darker. I added dots of color for the sand and added white ink to the water to show movement.
 Here's the first card I made for Friday's stamp night at my house.  I used one of the new roses that I made, then stamped in versamark and added iridescent ice and heated it.  Instant sparkle that won't come off!
I love how God chooses just what I need to hear when I look for a song to share.  This is just what I needed today.
                             
Blessings of the Day: Sarah and I spent time on the back porch watching the animals.  Two baby deer came out, birds used the bird bath and a little chipmunk ran back and forth from the feeder to get seeds to eat.  We got pictures and video that I'll post tomorrow.

Ben hugged me last night because he knew I was overwhelmed with things.  He even cried a bit when I told him how much I missed my dad.  He patted my back and told me it would be okay.   He's going to make someone a wonderful husband.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...