Sunday, July 14, 2013

They Make A Difference Wherever They Go

Check out this story about our kids and what they've been doing in St. Louis.  Listen to this story.
Another group of kids from the LIFE conference in St. Louis were in a cemetery cleaning it up so people could see the tombstones again. Check out this link.  Sarah was at the Cemetery.  She said no one had done anything in about 30 years.  What they did was just a small part.  One woman was crying and thanking them.  She hadn't been able to visit her husband's grave-site in years.  Sarah said it was so overgrown you didn't even know there were tombstones in many places.  Thank you God for your loving kindness.

What an amazing story.  Would love to see/hear what the people in the area said about this work effort.  God is awesome in all He does.  Love seeing kids give back and do things for others.  I praise you God for all you do.

I made a few cards today.  Check them out.
  Thanks to lavenderstamper for the darling tractor pattern. I made this for a little 4 year old boy who has just been diagnosed with an aggressive cancer. Twinshappy(Stacy) asked if I'd make a card for him. She told me he loves John Deer tractors.  Who could resist brightening the life of a precious child? I sponged clouds and used my cloud punch for the sky. I drew a line with ink for the horizon and sponged with crumb cake. Then I stamped garden silhouettes to look like crops to cut. I used one of my petite punches for the smoke. I hope he likes this. If you'd like to make this little guy's day, let me know and I'll give you the information.
Sarah is finally home.  I saw finally because an two and a half hours out they got a flat tire.  It took about an hour to get it fixed.  Not the kind of thing you want to have happen on the way home.  You just want to get home ya know?  Anyway, she's been sleeping since she got home.  She rounded up her sweet kitty Annabelle and went to sleep.  I don't know who was happier her or Annabelle.

Ben leaves for El Salvador at 5 a.m. Tuesday morning.  Tim will take him and his team to the airport.  He gets up early and is at work at 6 anyway.  So tomorrow will be the last day for a while that Ben will be here.  I'm happy and very sad at the same time.....bittersweet.  I know he's going to do what he's been longing to do.  He will be far away and that will be hard on me as the emotional mom.  I know it's hard for any mom when her child leaves home.

Blessing of the Day:Ben and I watched The Cleveland Indians WIN again today!
Thanks for stopping by.
Pray for me and our family please.
Blessings,

1 comment:

RitaR said...

I would love to make a tractor card for this little fellow. May I have an address please?

I've begun praying for him and his family.

Thanks!

Rita

RitaR@Kinex.Net

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...