Friday, September 13, 2013

At the Corner of Scared and Bittersweet

        Ben and Rachel came home from their honeymoon today and have a flight out of Cleveland at 7:00 p.m.  We took them and Sarah to lunch at Longhorn Restaurant.  We had fun talking and laughing.  Food came and we were quietly eating when Sarah starts to cough, then make a noise like she's trying to breathe.  When I saw she couldn't breathe I had  Ben and Rachel get out of the booth and brought Sarah to the aisle and started to do the Heimlich  on her.  A big man in the next booth asked if we needed the Heimlich and I said yes.  He did two good pushes and the steak was out.  We thanked the man and I took Sarah to the bathroom to recover and wash up.  The first thing we did was hug.  I held her and she held me back.  I know she was scared and I wanted to let her know she was okay.  I asked her if she wanted to go home or stay at the restaurant.  She said she didn't want us to go she was okay but had a sore throat.
      We stayed and finished our meal.  She brought hers home.  Everyone at the restaurant was very nice.  By the time we came back the area had been cleaned and the waitress was concerned and asked how she was.  Praise God that man was there to help us.  Thank you God.

     Ben and Rachel left here to go back to Austin tonight.  It still sounds weird to call that 'home', but they are going home.  It will be the first time they will be in the apartment alone.  They will begin a new life together figuring out all of the ins and outs of  living with someone.  It sure does take patience at any time.  I think in the beginning you still have the rose-colored glasses on and are still on your best behavior.  Some time later, the rose-colored glasses lose their rosy tint and you begin to show your true self.  That's when it gets fun!  That's when you need the power of prayer and forgiveness.  I'm so glad they have Jesus as their third strand in the rope that binds them.


This is a card I made following the directions of Dawn Griffith found here.  I didn't have the same die set she did so I adapted mine to use the circle thinlit die.  This will be sent to OWH for the holdiay.
Isn't it cool how this works?  I remember following elaborate directions to make these long ago.
This is another card that Dawn made.  I love the idea of the ice cream cone.  She also showed how to make the bow with a wide oval punch.

This is what got me through some of the tough times today.  It is hilarious!  I think what he says is funny but listening to his laugh is what tickled me as well.  Enjoy it.

Blessing of the Day: Sarah was saved by a good Samaritan at Longhorn Restaurant.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Blessings,

No comments:

Cards from Last Month's Classes

  Card 1 -   Fancy Window Card- Connie Stewart Video Link Stamps -  Painted Lavender AC p. Paper - Blackberry Bliss Base 3 7/8” x 11” 2 ...