Saturday, September 14, 2013

Simple Woman's Daybook for September 14, 2013

Ben and Rachel have been married a week! WOOT! WOOT!
We got a text this morning saying that their power went out sometime while they were gone and the fridge didn't go back on.  Of course everything in the freezer and fridge were ruined.  It also smelled!!!!  Ben was here for two weeks, so there's no telling how long it was like that.  We told them to clean it and leave the doors open.  Then pick up some baking soda on the way home, open it and put it in the fridge to help with the odors.

The Simple Woman's Daybook-September 14, 2013
  

 Outside My Window... It is dark and 51 degrees outside.  Today was like a real fall day.

 I am thinking...that I enjoyed helping Jan continue to organize her craft area.

 I am thankful for..the Good Samaritan at Longhorns yesterday.

 From the kitchen...all is quiet except the whirring of the dishwasher.

 I am wearing...sweats and a sweatshirt.......first time in a long time.

 I am creating...a mess on the table because I'm cleaning out a closet.  One of those jobs no one notices but you take great pride in finally getting it done!

 I am going...to finish putting things away tomorrow and go to sleep now.

 I am reading...nothing right now.  I just downloaded a book by Anne Graham Lotz called, 

Wounded by God's People: Discovering How God's Love Heals Our Hearts.

 I am hoping...to get back to walking and eating healthy.

I am hearing...music from The Piano Guys.  Ben and Rachel had one of their songs for their entrance song in the wedding.

 One of my favorite things...is SuzAnne Wilson's cakes.  They are so moist and her buttercream frosting is to DIE for!

 A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: I've got to pull together clothes for the Veteran's Truck which comes Thursday.  Many times I get a reminder card which is florescent, and I forget the clothes! I am going through things and trying to get rid of things we don't use or wear.  That's one of those thankless jobs that no one but you notices!

 Here are some pictures I thought were worth sharing...God's beauty all around us. :)





Blessing of the Day: I got to spend time with Jan today helping her organize her craft space.  We're getting there!
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Cards from Last Month's Classes

  Card 1 -   Fancy Window Card- Connie Stewart Video Link Stamps -  Painted Lavender AC p. Paper - Blackberry Bliss Base 3 7/8” x 11” 2 ...