Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sad, Stressed and Wounded

I can't believe that people are still trying to stop Ben and Rachel's wedding!  Here we are Thursday with the wedding on Saturday and Tim and I get a nasty email from a friend of Rachel's family.  She reamed us up one side and down about the wedding and our parenting and our relationship with God and grieving all the pastors and people at our church with our allowing this wedding to move forward. Not only that, we're supporting it!

It was a personal attack on us done 'in love' though.  WE don't even know this woman!  She wanted to go back and forth with Tim and he said after she emailed back, that he was done.  She called him a nasty name and we haven't heard from her again.

I felt so sick that someone would do that to us.  I really felt wounded by her attack.  It really stressed me out.  I emailed prayer warriors who continue to keep us all in prayer over this wedding.  Thank you to all of my friends who continue to pray for all of us here.

I have some WONDERFUL news!  Ben and Rachel were invited to Rachel's parent's house for dinner and had a very nice time with her parents.  So the healing has begun!  Praise God for this!  This is an answered prayer for us.

I will be so glad when this is all over.  I've never heard of such behavior for a wedding where friends, adults, parents, anyone who wanted to comment and give their opinion did whether it hurt people or not.  I will be working long and hard to forgive people who have caused such pain to all of us.  It will be a long time, but will eventually get done.

This is supposed to be such a happy time and it hasn't been..............

I did make some cards this week.  This is a file folder card which was demonstrated in a video by Patty Bennett.
I made another card for Operation Write Home using the tutorial. Can't wait to experiment more with this. House Mouse was stamped with memento tuxedo black ink then colored with copics. I sponged the border of the image and added a heart with a dimensional. I stamped the greeting on the tab of the folder.

 Here's my card which will be going postal to Operation Write Home. They need miss you and love cards so I combined them. :) Stamped in black ink, colored with Copic markers. I added candy dots and sponged in not quite navy around the image panel. This was for the sketch challenge this week on SCS.  Can't beat House Mouse can you?

This next card is to honor Twinshappy this week as queen for the day.  Stacy made a card that was very similar to this.  The idea is to make some changes in her card and honor her by making one of her cards.

I needed a good laugh tonight and found it on youtube.  Check out this dog eating peanut butter.  It truly made my day!

Blessing of the Day: God helped us get through the difficult time today and we were able to enjoy pizza with the family laughing and being silly.  It was our last dinner with Ben and Rachel here at the house. :(
Thanks for stopping by.
God's blessings to you,

1 comment:

PBrown9624 said...

I'm sorry you are going through such a hard time. I don't know any of the details regarding this situation but I hope everyone can step back and let them enjoy their day. They are so young and I am assuming that's why everyone is trying to stop it. Hopefully after tomorrow, people can set aside their opinions, etc. and just get along and trust that God will take care of them. Hugs!

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...