Wednesday, September 11, 2013

We'll NEVER Forget

We can never see this date come and not remember where we were 12 years ago when we were attacked.  I was working at an elementary school. It was my planning period.  I'd heard someone say something about a plane flying into a building and it was on TV.  I turned on the tv and it was like a bad movie and I couldn't change the channel.   I remember the panicky feeling I had.  Should I stay with my students, should I got get my own kids?  My kids were 4 and 6 at the time.
   I had this surreal feeling like where would they bomb next?  Was Cleveland a big enough city to be worried about?  I prayed a lot that day and talked to Tim as well.  We decided to see what happened.  When nothing more happened, we decided to leave the kids at school.  They would be too young to understand what was going on.

I'm sure you remember where you were, what you were doing that morning.  Pray for the families that are still affected by that tragedy.

This evening we watched a special on tv that detailed the events in the airport towers then a personally told story by George Bush.  It was so amazing to see this day by yet two other ways. It was amazing getting to look at all George Bush went through that day.

Here's an ad from Anheuser Busch that is amazing.

So many died that day.  We will never forget the harm done, nor the American spirit that developed from that attack.  What Satan meant for evil, God turned to good.  So many people helping others to get through each day.  Volunteers helped search through the wreckage.  They helped with food, clothing and money.  We all pulled together during that time.  Church attendance rose as well.
I did some stamping this week.  This card is for the color challenge which used navy, strawberry slush and pear pizzazz.  I wish the dazzling diamonds showed up better in this photo.  It looks gorgeous in real life.
This card was copied from Dawn Griffith's blog.  She did a video to show how she made this card and highlighted the bow which was made with a rectangle with banner cut ends and two wide oval punches folded together then added on top of the rectangle.  Check out her video here.
Here is a starburst or sunburst card that was made following Patty Bennett's video found here.
This is a card for today's sketch challenge for a little 4 year old boy who has cancer.  I don't know him personally but was asked to send cards now and them to encourage him.  I found out that his 4 year old cousin has been diagnosed with cancer too.  How sad.  I'm sending her cards now too.
This is a card from Monday's SCS technique challenge where you had to use a real leaf.  This was a fern from the flowers from Ben's wedding. I put ink on the fern then put paper over it and went over the paper using my brayer.  I did this so I'd have even pressure and  would get a better image.
I feel drained from the day.  I know it's more from the remembrance of 911 and the show I watched.  It brought it all up again and added more to it than I knew.  Seeing people jumping or falling from the towers was heart wrenching.

Blessing of the Day: Sarah went to youth group for the first time in a month.  She's trying to get over the anger she has towards the pastor how leads the group.  He was one that made decisions about Ben and Rachel without talking to them or us.  He also took part in trying to convince another pastor who wasn't in their church, not to marry Ben and Rachel.
We talked about letting it go so it wouldn't affect her.

Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Cards from Last Month's Classes

  Card 1 -   Fancy Window Card- Connie Stewart Video Link Stamps -  Painted Lavender AC p. Paper - Blackberry Bliss Base 3 7/8” x 11” 2 ...