Sunday, December 15, 2013

Catching Up

It has been so busy with Christmas shopping and my birthday that I've gotten behind with blogging.  I got so many beautiful birthday cards from friends and family.  Tim always gets me a mushy one that makes me cry.  I was in a tearful mood Friday and I don't know why. So I had to put the card down part way through reading it.

Ben called and it was so nice to talk to him.  I cried when I hung up.  Tim cheered me up telling me I'd see him on the 21st.  Sarah keeps telling me she's 'the bad' kid.  I told her she's NOT the bad kid.  I'm going to miss her too when she goes to California next year.  Then I started to cry again.  Not sure what all the waterworks are but I think she got the idea when her momma cried.

I'm working on some gifts for the staff at the school where I'm volunteering.  Sarah helped me for several hours to get things punched out, sponged and glue dotted together.  It was a fun time with her.  We talked about her friends, church, the new church we went to this morning, and her birthday sleep over.  It doesn't happen as often now that she and I talk like this.  I just love it and cherish it.

This morning we tried a new church called Neo Church.  It is a non-denominational church nearby.  It's always hard to go somewhere new.  The people were nice and the music was pretty good.  Part way through the sermon Sarah felt sick so we had to leave.  We'll try again though on another Sunday.

I saw this and thought of  a week before Ben and Rachel's wedding when we didn't have a venue.  I was in tears and Ben told me to remember my life verse:Trust in the Lord with all your heart.......God worked it all out His way!

I saw this on FB and just wondered why the deer are looking in.  We have lots of deer and I hope they don't come for a visit like this.
 This is the card I made today for the Featured Stamper Sandie.  Here is her card that I CASED. I used the Bermuda Bay ink and paper along with a different flower.  I also added small pearls in the flower center.
 This was a card I made for the Inspiration Challenge Saturday.  I chose a bracelet that was gold with crystal inserts.  This is going to my friend who took me to lunch Friday.
This short video really touched me.
A Very Special Christmas from worshiphousemedia on GodTube.

This is one of the most special little girls I've seen.  Listen to her sing, You Are My Sunshine. Grace Anna was born with special needs and in spite of that she is a cute and beautiful child.
   
Blessing of the Day: Spending time with Sarah laughing and talking while we stamped.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Blessings,
 

No comments:

Beautiful Paper Does The Work

 Splitcoaststampers is a great website for people who make cards or scrapbook. They have daily challenges. This is one of the challenges. Gi...