Sunday, March 9, 2014

Eagles, Sunrises, Poppies and Sunsets-Created by God

Eagles have shown egg sitting behavior the last three weekends in Brecksville Reservation. The male continues to bring in food and nest material and routinely switches sitting duties with the female. This nest can be safely viewed from the Towpath Trail, about 1/2 mile north of the Rt. 82 bridge by Station Road. Photo by Rick McMeechan.

I couldn't believe this picture.  I didn't know we had eagles this close to where I live!  This is about 10 minutes from my house.  What a majestic site this is.  Look at the size of that nest!  I'm going to have to try to see this soon.  God what an amazing bird you created in the eagle.  To think new little eaglets will hatch here.
 I wish we'd have sunny, warm days here in Cleveland.  But alas, it's still winter and we know that here in Cleveland, we don't get a lot of sun or warmth this time of year.  What a beautiful picture of God's handiwork.  This reminds me of mornings I took Ben and Sarah to daycare and we'd see the sun start to come up.  I'd say something like, Look at the beautiful sky God's painted for us today!  Then we'd all marvel over the gorgeous sunrise.

One morning it was one of the kids who recognized the beauty in the sunrise, and gave credit where credit was due.  It brought tears to my eyes.  "Look mommy, God painted another picture for us!"  Memories are the most wonderful thing aren't' they?


 Here's the card I made today for the challenge.  Usually when I see a flower stamp like this I think of only stamping it once on my card.  But in visiting the gallery I saw a sample where a flower was used three times and I liked the look.  So, I used a similar design for my card.  I masked the flowers while I sponged in the sky and grass.  These are the days I'm longing for.  Days of sun and beautiful warm days with lots of flowers.
 I came across this on FB and it really touched me.  If we don't do something to lead us closer to God, we will find a distance before too long between us and God.  What are you doing to lead you closer to God?  I need to get back to my daily time with Rick Warren.  Thanks for the reminder God.  It's me who is moving, not you!
Take a listen to the new song called, I Am, by Crowder.


Blessing of the Day: Spending time with Jan stamping.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...