Sunday, October 19, 2014

What a Week!

It's been a heck of a week!  My mom went into the hospital Wednesday evening disoriented.  I spent Thursday and Friday at the hospital with her.  It's so hard to watch your mom not be able to remember short term memory things.

My brother kept asking her if she knew where she was and she said, "2 west, which was the place she worked in the nursing home.  My brother would tell her where she was then a few minutes later ask her where she was.  She couldn't remember and he'd be frustrated and she'd get anxious wanting to please him with the right answer.

After he left, there was a more relaxed atmosphere.  She and I talked quietly and I could see her relax.  If she asked me something, I played along.  She asked when I started working here so I played along.  She was so dehydrated that she was confused about a lot of things.  I knew it would be a day or so until she got better, why frustrate her by continuing to correct her.  That wouldn't serve anybody.
Being in the hospital itself was very confusing.  Nothing around her was familiar.

I got to take her home Friday after dinner.  What a blessing!  She was great when we got her home.  Short term memory wasn't there, but she was able to function safely in her own home.  My brother came home a while after that, and all was good with Mom.  He lives with her and so does his son, so Mom isn't alone.

Needless to say, that took a huge amount of time, energy and emotion.
I'm back to stamping, but before I show you my creations, here's a cute picture of the kitten on Tim's lap at 5:30 a.m.
While he has his coffee, the kitten jumps into his lap.  Such sweetness.....he's says some mornings it's hard to go to work.......because of the kitten, not me! LOL
 Here are cards I've made for Splitcoaststampers Hope You Can Cling To, card challenges for women with cancer.  The cards made for the challenge are sent to MD Anderson hospital in Texas.  Love helping with this cause.










Well, that's it for now.  I'll be back to posting more regularly God willing!
Blessing of the Day:Time with Tim
Thanks for stopping by today.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...