Saturday, November 1, 2014

So Here We Go

Today was a stamping day with Jan and Jane.  This first card was one Jan brought for us to make.  I added the green and the brown pearls. Jane did something a little different.  Jan loved it too, she went home with two new ideas of what to do with this stamp.
 This is a card I had the ladies at my stamping workshop at PHCA make yesterday.  We made it today as well.  Today I cut out the ornament and popped it up on the card.  I still need to add a wire hook.  I often forget to stamp on envelopes so I did that today as we stamped.
 This is another card for the Hope You Can Cling To Challenges on SCS.  I have officially finished all of the challenges and will mail my cards to Anderson Medical center to women with breast cancer.  I'm praying over these cards that they bring hope and comfort to those who receive them.  I also pray that if the ladies don't know Christ, that they will be introduced to Him through a card from a stranger.
 This is another card for the Hope You Can Cling To challenges.  You needed to make something that takes flight. I stamped and colored the butterfly using vellum and markers.
 This was a card that had to be added to the card on an angle.  This was Jan's second card for us to make. It really took Jane and I out of our comfort zone.  Thanks Jan for doing this!
 This was one of Jane's cards that we made today.  Love this blackberry color Jane!
 This is a card for HYCCT on SCS. You had to make a card representing your favorite childhood book.  My book was, Lonely Doll Learns A Lesson by Dare Wright.
I found out some interesting information about my childhood favorite thanks to this challenge.

Once there was a little doll. Her name was Edith. She lived in a nice house and had everything she needed except someone to play with. She was lonely! Then one morning Edith looked into the garden and there stood two bears! Since it was first published in 1957, The Lonely Doll has established itself as a unique children's classic. Through innovative photography Dare Wright brings the world of dolls to life and entertains us with much more than just a story. Edith, the star of the show, is a doll from Wright's childhood, and Wright selected the bear family with the help of her brother. With simple poses and wonderful expressions, the cast of characters is vividly brought to life to tell a story of friendship.
 I love to put green and pink together.  Here's a card for today's inspiration challenge.
 This is the card the staff at PHCA will receive this week.  Inside it says, "You!"  God is working in you, giving you the desire & the power to do what pleases Him. Philippians 2:13
 This is a card made for the Queen for the Day challenge.  Here's my inspiration:  My card has the rhinestones added.

 This is the second card Jane brought for us to make today.  Isn't this a beautiful stamp?
 Here is sweet, sweet Phoebe on Halloween.  She was terrified in this and didn't move at all.  When the head gear was taken off, she moved.
 Annabelle was put through just the hat portion of the costume.  Sarah held her and you can barely see her eyes peeking out.  She was scared, but just sat there in Sarah's arms.  Poor kitties!
 I saw this tonight and wanted to thank those friends of mine who are available to me.  You know who you are.  I treasure you.
Blessing of the Day: Spending time with Jan and Jane.
Watching Dead Poet's Society with Tim.
Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....