Saturday, January 10, 2015

Saturday Into the Deep Freeze

It was below zero again today.  Sheesh, it's tough to have this kind of weather.  Tomorrow, not matter what, I'm getting out of the house.
I'm going to check out the yarn sale at Pat Catan's.  I'm buying yarn to crochet afghans for patients doing infusion therapy.  I'm also knitting 7"x 9" rectangles which get dropped off at Pat Catan's where people put the rectangles together to form blankets for the homeless.

My mom's been doing this for years and I decided to join her this year.  When I visit her I have either rectangles I'm knitting or an afghan I'm crocheting.

We sit like two old ladies knitting and talking.  I'm finding that she really enjoys doing this together.
I also found last week that my visit was so much nicer going after my dinner.  Mom was very awake and talkative.  We talked and 3 1/2 hours passed by so quickly.  I truly enjoyed it because I didn't have to watch the clock like I do when I go to visit before our dinner.

This is a card I made for today's inspiration challenge on SCS.

This was my inspiration.  http://www.flickr.com/photos/kevinnakagawa/9225831291/in/photostream/


Here's a video that I saw recently and can identify with.  We all have disagreements in marriage.  It's how you get through them that makes all the difference.  If God isn't the third strand in your marriage, chances are, it will be much more difficult for you to stay together.  So glad God is the third strand in our marriage.

New International Version
Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. Ecclesiastes 4:12




Tim made a fabulous dinner tonight.  He made a new pasta recipe using sausage, tomatoes and basil.  He added Parmesan cheese and some sauce.  It is on the REPEAT list.  Everyone in the family loved it!
It's time for sleep.  We're going to Parkside Church again tomorrow and have to get up early for the 35 minute drive.  I bring a book or a yarn project to work on for the  ride.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,
Bensarmom

No comments:

Using Dies to Make Foam Stamps

Take a good look at the dies you already have in your collection. You may be able to make foam stamps from them and add dimension and intere...