Friday, February 27, 2015

Long Day and What Color Is This Dress?

What a long day at school today.  It was pajama and slipper day.  Oh my, we should have just put a video in and ate popcorn!  I'm not kidding, these kids came in jumping around, squealing, and talking non-stop!
When I saw how they all came in this morning I wanted to say, "See you next week, I'm going home and drink my coffee in a nice, quiet place with a kitty on my lap!  LOL

These types of days are hard to get through without a few Excedrin!  I did however get through without it.  I did however have to dip into the M&M's!

I truly love volunteering here.  I love teaching kids and facing the challenges of being behind their peers due to learning delays, behaviors or attention issues.  I found that all of the snow days we had I was here alone all day and I found myself wanting people to talk to.

I know why my grandfather and father-in-law went out daily.  It was to be with people and interact with them.  I don't know how my mom spends so much of her day alone.  I guess she does interact each evening with my brother and nephew.

This is the card I made tonight for the free for all challenge on SCS.  The challenge was to use kraft paper which is called crumb cake by Stampin' Up now.
I heat embossed with white powder then colored with copic markers.  I sponged the edges and colored the pearls with copic markers.
This card will go to Cleveland Clinic Hospice at Home.
We have a storm warning from Saturday night through Monday morning.  We're supposed to get 6-10 more inches of snow.  I think winter needs to be done now.  March is coming in like a lion.  We better get lamb weather soon after that! LOL  We're all so tired of the cold and snow that keeps a lot of us in our homes.

I must admit it's good for my reading and crocheting my afghans.  I also watch movies or tv shows on Netflix while I crochet.  As the afghans get larger they get warmer and eventually I have to turn the overhead fan on low to work on them!

Lately I've been struggling with getting my quiet time with my Bible.  I'd like to blame it on a lot of things like the weather, winter, no sun, blah, blah, blah.  I however need to take responsibility and just do it whether I feel like it or not.  Please God help me to take the emotion out of this and other things in my life and get the attitude of 'just do it!'  I don't have to feel like it, or want to do it.  I do it because it pleases God and brings me closer to him, which is what I need.  So tired of  feeling so far from him and some others in my life.

Blessing of the Day:Dinner at Panera's with Tim and Sarah.  We talked about 'the dress' picture and what colors we saw.  Now there's a scientific article out about why people see a difference.  It's unbelieveable what people find to talk about.  This has been circulated all over the world!
The original image is in the middle. At left, white-balanced as if the dress is white-gold. At right, white-balanced to blue-black.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...