Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's Day 2015

 Happy Father's Day to All The Dads Out There!
I am missing my dad who went home to be with Jesus August 3, 1983.  He was only 57 years old. He never got to meet my husband or my kids. He never got to be a grandfather. He would have been an amazing grandfather!  I wish I could just spend a bit of time with you again Dad.  I miss you so much.

                                      
The greatest gift I ever had was having God as my father forever.  When I die I know I'll be in heaven with Him.  There's nothing to fear knowing that no matter what happens I'll be here or in Heaven.  What's to fear in light of that?  I'm either here or present with The Lord.
                                      
I loved the softness of this picture and what it said. A friend posted it on FB. I have to say I didn't know that many women I know have a father in heaven.  You know many times I think it's just me suffering this kind of loss. Then a holiday comes along and enlightens me.  Thank You God.
This is a center easel card. 
                                      


 I found the directions here.


Here are more cards to go to Cleveland Clinic Hospice at Home.  This is a new stamp set which was quick and easy to stamp.  What took the time was designing the rest of the card. LOL



                                       
This is the card that I made for today's featured stamper challenge. Lisa was the featured stamper.
                                       
This is the card of Lisa's that was my inspiration.
                                                       
I'm in a different mood lately.  Ben and Rachel have been gone a bit over a month and Tim has been gone 5 days for work.  It's Father's Day and my dad's in heaven.  Tim's out of town so there is no Father's Day celebrating going on here.  Sigh.....So I turn to God.  Here's a song by Unspoken called, Start a Fire.  Give it a listen and see what you think.
                            
Blessing of the Day:I have gotten a lot of my afghan done.  I've been working on the edging of it.  Hopefully tomorrow I will finish it.  Then it will be donated to the Hospice Floor that my sister works in at a hospital in Columbus.

I got to see my mom last night and we had a good visit.  We both benefit so much from our visits.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Using Dies to Make Foam Stamps

Take a good look at the dies you already have in your collection. You may be able to make foam stamps from them and add dimension and intere...