Saturday, July 11, 2015

Carpeting, Tile, Date

What a busy day we had.  Tim and I got up bright and early to be at the carpet store at 9 a.m.  I can't tell you the last time I was up at 9:00 a.m. unless it was a dr. appt. LOL
  We spent an hour looking at carpeting and tile.  Yeesh, there sure are a lot of types of each.  I should have brought some coffee.

We came home to see how the carpet and tile looked here and which one of each we wanted.  Well of course we loved the most expensive tile AND carpeting.  When we figured it all out and guessed at the installation fee and almost fell off our bench!

Then we went to Lowes to look at more tile and carpeting.   We found tile we liked and thought maybe we'd have our carpeting put in by Fredrick's Carpeting and find a contractor to put in the tile we got at Lowes, which is 1/2 or 1/4 the cost of Fredrick's.

Tim was telling me how cheap tile is.  Well it can be, but the installation includes taking off the old tile and the sub-floor, then putting in new wood and the tile.  The labor is going to be the major expense here.

Oh well, we'll have them come out and measure and see what figures they give us.

I saw this when I was getting my verse of the day and had to add it here.  Surround yourself with positive people who can help you in your walk with the Lord, and can make you laugh 'til your tummy hurts!

 Here is one of the two cards I did for today's inspiration challenge on SCS.  Here was my inspiration and my card.  I loved the richness of the gold circling the purple.
Belle Earring
 Here is the second card I made for today.
 This is the invitation we got to send to Ben and Rachel's guests for their Picnic.  They will give a presentation of what they've been doing in Africa and where they go from here.
 I loved this when I saw it.  It is really a stamp by Whipper Snapper Designs.
I loved this...a great reminder of how much God loves us.

Here a favorite of mine of  the new artist I found recently.  The song is called, Beautiful by Dan Bremnes.  Give it a listen.
Tim and I had a date night.  We went to our favorite cafe for a sandwich and coffe.  Then we walked to our favorite frozen yogurt place called, Igloos.  We walked to the town square there and sat and talked while eating.  Being on dates is still so much fun!

Blessing of the Day:Skyping with Ben, a date with Tim.
Thank you for checking in on us.
Blessings,
P.S. My back is better today! Thanks for the prayers.

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....