Sunday, July 26, 2015

I Can't Believe It's Sunday!

Wow, where has the time gone?  It's Sunday night already!  Where has the weekend gone?
Today was a fun, family day. My sister and brother-in-law came up to go to a family graduation.  Sarah and I went with them and had a great time!

This could have been a difficult afternoon since I'm not close to this family member, but God worked it out for good.  There weren't many people at all there, and my sister's family was so sweet and accepting that we were there.  We haven't seen each other in a long while.  I'm praying that by going to the graduation party, we can begin to see each other more often.

This sister and her family are foster parents for kittens for the APL. (Animal Protective League)  We got to see 6 cute kitties today that they are caring for until they are 12 weeks old.

Tim left early this morning for Illinois.  He will be there a week to install computers at new stores Lube Stop has acquired in the Tri-state area out there.  He and the other 3 guys each drove up there so they can each go where they are needed.  They each have different things to do.  Once the first thing is done, that person goes to the next store and the next guy comes in to do his thing, and so on.

Tim got to plan this and it's going so smoothly.  He told me tonight he had a $50 steak....seriously? That much for a steak?  I can't imagine.  He said it was very good!  I said for that amount it should be! LOL

This card was for today's featured stamper.  Here was my inspiration:  When I saw the cute bunny butts, I thought of these pigs!
                                                    
Yesterday I got to stamp with Jane.  I had fun working on cards for The Cleveland Clinic Hospice and for the store in Berea.  Jane had these stamps and dies for these little piggies.  Take a look at the front and inside.

I thought this was so cute.  I'm going to make a few more I think.  These will go to Berea to the store.  I don't do birthday cards for Cleveland Clinic.


These two cards were for yesterday's inspiration challenge. My inspiration was the hexagon tiles on the floor in this picture.
Nautical Bathroom - Navy penny tile in a bathroom - this looks a lot like the little hexagon tile that is original to lots of bathrooms from the 20's & 30's. would be great for a nautical style bathroom.

Here's the basket I started with at the Berea Shop.  I labeled the card categories so shopping for specific cards would be easier.
I love this basket and the leather handles.  I'm hoping this venture works out.


I have been letting other things get in the way of my daily reading of the Bible.  I need to get back to spending time with God.  I'm praying that I can get back to doing this each morning. I feel the difference when I don't ready.  I need to get back on track.
I got to Skype with Ben last night.  Sounds the like conference went well.  They had over 200 people attend.  So many people hungering and searching for God.  What an amazing experience!  Here in America people have heard about God and have their own opinions about Him.  In countries like Africa, they are hearing some of this for the first time, incredible isn't it?  They want to learn more, so that's part of what Ben and Rachel are doing.  They are sharing God with others who want to learn.  People who want to know what a Godly life and marriage are all about.      

God thank you for giving them this incredible experience.  Today they had to say good-bye to the kids in the orphanage.  He said it was so difficult.  I'm sure it was a tearful time for all.

Well, it's time to finish some cards.  I'm waiting for Sarah to come home from a friend's house.

Blessing of the Day:Tim got to Illinois, and all of the equipment they left locked up in a garage was still there!   Tim got to Illinois safely.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings to you,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...