Monday, July 27, 2015

Cards, Cards, Cards, Cards

Today I completed many cards that were started at Jane's Saturday.  The first card was for today's Clean and Simple challenge from SCS. Beaches was the theme for today.  I stamped in memento, then colored with Copic markers.  I paper pieced the umbrella. I added 3-D gel to the waves in the water.
 You'll see the new brick wall embossing folder used here.  You'll notice the balloons are the same colors as some of the other cards; blue and green.  The paper that I made with blue and green ink had some pieces left big enough to make these balloons.
 This card was made with The Sheltering Tree stamp set.  The leaves for the tree were what I used for the images on this background.  I masked the center with paper then stamped the blue and green ink.  I removed the mask and stamped hello into the center.  I made a butterfly using my butterfly die and pearls.
 This is using The Sheltering too as well.  I think it's a pretty cool affect as though you are looking up through the trees.  This wasn't my idea buy I used it and added my own images to make it mine.
 Here's that brick wall embossing folder again.  I used a dauber to add ink to the bricks.  If you notice the butterflies were made from the same blue and green inked paper.
 This card was stamped full strength then I added the SU silver doilies and hello.
 This was a watercolor block technique.  I put blue and green onto a block and spritzed it with water and stamped on the white paper.  I stamped the tree on top of it.
 This card is similar to the silver one above but I used the gold doilies.  I embossed the doilies to make them look fancier.
 This is from today's challenge.  We punched out circles with our 1 1/2" circle punch.  Then I punched out one 1" square.  I centered the square on each circle and folded the circles around it.  Then I glued the edges down.
This was how most of my day was.  I had to run errands at around 2:30, so I had to get dressed.
 This is such a pretty verse.  I just had to share it.
 I saw this a few days ago and had to share it.

Blessing of the Day:Skyped with Ben for the last time from Kenya.  Tomorrow morning he and Rachel will leave Kisumu, Africa and fly to Nairobi, the capital.  There they will wait for their plane which will take them to London, then Chicago, then Cleveland.
I'ts going to be a long two days.  We will see them Wednesday around 8 or so.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...