Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Is It Really September 1st?

How can it be the 1st of September already?  I know kids have gone back to school, but it seems like this year has flown by!  Maybe it's my age, as it seems the years fly faster now that I know what a calendar is! LOL

Today they began preparing the floors on the main floor for new tile and carpeting.  Here is the foyer ready for the tile to be added, tomorrow.
Here is the family room with the padding added and the carpet ready to be cut tomorrow.
                                     
This is an afghan I'm making for a cancer patient. The stitch is new to me called, the Tunisian or Afghan stitch.  You only work from one side and you use a 14" crochet hook.  It's been fun so far.

I'd never had believed this if I hadn't see in it.  This is a real owl.  

 This is the card I made for today's color challenge and the monthly cards for a cause challenge.  The cards for the cause cards are going to a group that saves and provides homes for stray cats and dogs.
The color challenge was razzleberry, tango twist and cucumber.  At first I thought I'd make a flower card, but them challenged myself to NOT make a flower card.
This was a gorgeous photo I found on FB.  Isn't this an amazing photo?
Check out this link for some gorgeous photos of Cleveland.
Check out this castle, it is right here in Cleveland on Franklin Ave.  It's called the Franklin Castle.
There is an interesting history of this castle. Most say it's haunted with people who lived and died in the place.  It is being renevated.  It has hidden rooms, moving panels and a trap door.  It looks like a movie set to me.
                                       
Check out this sunset in Downtown Cleveland.  This is part of the pictures from the link above.
                                       

Here's another Toby Mac song.  Give it a listen, see what you think.

Blessing of the Day:The carpet/tile process is moving at a good pace.
Tim is half-way done in Illinois and will be home soon.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,



No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...