Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Christmas Eve Eve






Dr. news: Today I went to the ortho dr. who does necks.  She is part of the practice I already go to.  She took x-rays and showed me how lined up the bones were.  There was a small area where there was less space. She said that was the problem.  She called what I have, Neck Strain.  Believe it or not neck strain can be caused by working at the computer for long periods of time.  She put me on a steroid and said it should take care of the inflammation and that will take the pain away.    I also am signed up to begin Physical Therapy next week.  The good news was that if all of this doesn't work, I can have another pain block.
I asked her if this neck, nerve pain is related to the back, hip and leg pain.  She said, 'No'.
So for now I'm putting ice on where the pain is.  Sigh.......so tired of pain.  I don't know how my sister deals with it or my friend Val.
Praying God continues to help me.



 This is what Phoebe does with those stink bugs that seem to be all over the place.  They just show up.

Here in Cleveland we're having a thunderstorm!  Yup with lightning and thunder.  One clap of thunder knocked cards off my shelf and a picture hanging on the wall!
Here's the map showing the progress of the thunderstorm!  Seems like today is weird weather day.  In the south there were tornado warnings, and tornados. There were snowstorms out west, what a  weird day weather-wise.

I saw this on FB and reminded me that Dad's been gone for so long. He died August 3, 1983.  He was 57 years old.  He had so much of his life ahead of him.  I miss him so much.  He would have been a fantastic grandfather, I just know it.  That too makes me sad that he never met his grandchildren.


This video was filmed to break a record.  It is wonderful!

Lord, may you continue to bless us.  Remind us that your birthday needs to get some time each Christmas.  It's about you Lord, not all the presents.  It's your presence that is most important.  Help me to remember that and not get caught up in all the craziness of the world.

I continue to pray for families that have lost loved ones at this time of year.  I also pray for those who may be alone at Christmas.  Check to see if anyone you know could use a dinner with you.
I have a friend who many times will stay home for Thanksgiving or Christmas.  Sometimes she says that she has plans but later hear she's been at home, by choice.  These types of people are lonely. My friend says she doesn't want to intrude.  I always tell her that our Christmas is our family and grandpa.  I'll keep asking.  Maybe you can think of someone to invite to your home for dinner and a gift or two.  Bless you for thinking of those who need you.


Blessing of the Day: Shopping is DONE!  I visited the dr. and hopefully my neck will improve.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings to you and yours.

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...