Saturday, December 26, 2015

Craig Christmas

What an incredible gift God has given to us.  I was reading 1 John4:15-18 in my Bible this morning and was reminded that belivers in Jesus Christ have God's love in their heart. There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear.
  Perfect love casts out fear, was what stuck with me.  Knowing God and belonging to Him enables us to battle the fear Satan tries to strike us with.  Keeping my faith in Jesus Christ helps me to keep fear away.  With His help, I can fight the fears that come.  Reading my Bible brings me closer to God.

Ya know, when we do wrong, we often feel guilty and ashamed.  It is that guilt that has us pull away from God, not the other way around.  Just like Adam and Eve in the garden, we too back away from God.  Then we blame Him for being so far away.  God isn't the one who moves away.  It's us in our guilt who puts that distance between us and God.  We're such silly human beings sometimes, aren't we?

With the new year coming up, I'm going to begin  some new habits.  One is to get my morning coffee and sit in my quiet place and read and contemplate the Bible.  I know I need to sit still after reading for time to listen for God's input into our life.  Once that is established, I will move on to another good habit.

I've often said that the more a boss shows appreciation to employees, the more the employees will give to their job.  That doesn't cost that employer anything.  Amazing what words can do.  We all strive to get approval. It used to  be stars on papers in  grade school, to the grades you wanted, or the celebration of hard work with a celebration would do it.  Now isn't it amamzing that words can motivate us.  Many times when I was working, I had to be reminded that we are not working for man, but for God.  That got me through some tough assignments in my career.  From the greatest to the least, we all need and want to be appreciated.
December 26th, 2015 we celebrated Christmas with the Craigs.  Grandpa hosted this event.  It was cold but we still took the picture outside.  We've grown so much that we no longer fit in the house for a family picture.  It's a good thing Grandpa didn't know what is going on behind him! LOL

 This is one of my favorite events each year, to get a family picture.  I treasure each picture we take.  A feeling of true love and blessing overcame me Christmas Day when this was taken.  Thank you to all my kids and Tim for making this Christmas a very special one.
 One of the gifts  I receieved, was a Minc Mini machine.  It heats beautiful foil onto cards.  That's the reason the dots have color on this card.  I can't wait to experiment with this more.  The cute critter stamp and words are from a new set I received for Christmas.
 

This was a song we sang in our Christmas Eve service.  I didn't remember hearing it before, and it kept playing in my mind after the service. I hope it does the same for you.


Medical Update: I need to call the dr. to see what else she can put me on for pain.  The prednisone isn't allowing sleep. I now know how Sarah feels.  Only she has had this for such a long time.
I still have  pain down from my neck to my shoulder, to my wrist.

Blessing of the Day:I also went to my Mom's for Christmas today.  It's been a long time since I had two meals to celebrate Christmas.  I used to do this when I was dating and early married.  Then we worked out a system for Christmas Eve, then Christmas Day.

It was a small gathering but very nice. My sister Laura and her family came, and Chad brought Sammy, his cousin who is developmentally delayed.  Sammy's come to holidays at our house for a long time.  He would have been sitting at home in his group home if he hadn't come to our house.  Anyway it was a small gathering but so nice.  We got to catch up and enjoy time together.

Mom got lots of yarn!  She said she didn't need presents.  We told her we were just supporting her ministry of making squares for afghans for the homeless.  Our craft stores provide a place to drop off knitted rectangles that are put together to make afghans for the homeless.  Then they are dropped off  at shelters to be distributed.

Upon hearing the yarn was for her ministry, she relaxed and said, she appreciated it.  :)

Thanks for stopping by today.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...