Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Nostalgia

Whew, I'm tired after getting up for three days in a row at 6:30 a.m.  I know some of you are playing the violin of pity for me. LOL  Being retired means I don't have to get up early ANY days of the week. We're testing this week and I said I'd help out.  So that means 8-11 every morning this week.

 Part of it is that I am working with the 4 most challenged students in the classroom.  They might not know the material like rounding to the nearest 10 and they have attention issues so for each question we do, I have to bring at least 2 students back to the problem we're working on for EACH question.

I think that's the part that's exhausting for me.  You can only read the questions, you can't help with words or help with what process to use.

Isn't this a cool picture?  I saw this and had to post it.  I don't remember where it was, but I think it was local.

 This is a family we grew up with. I haven't seen them in years but keep in touch with the daughter via FB.  I would recognize all but one of them on the street to talk to.  They guy in blue looks so different to me.  Anyway I will print this or put it on my tablet and show mom.  She will love it.
 This is my twin Ann, (Hi Annie), holding Adam this past weekend.  Look at her dog how jealous it is!
 This is a picture of Tim's parents years and years ago.  I haven't seen many pictures of them when they were a young couple.  My sister-in-law posted these on FB.
 This is Tim's mom's senior pictures.  Tomorrow Mom would have been 84.
 Here she is again being silly.  I wish I would have known her then.  She looks so happy and carefree.  When I knew her she was older and complaining about things most of the time.
This was a picture of young love after dad had come home from the Korean war.
 I saw this on Gina K's email today and thought it was so funny.  It's a little hard to read:

 If someone tells you that you have enough crafting supplies, stop talking to them.
You don't need that kind of Negativity in your life!
Our tongue is the most dangerous weapon we have.  It's amazing that for such a small organ it can destroy things quickly.  Think back in your life at times there were words exchanged.  Once your words are spoken, screamed or yelled, you can't take them back.  You can't fix things because you've deeply wounded with them.

I remember two instances where I was deeply wounded by the tongue and it was like I  had suffered a death of a loved one.  I was in despair for a while until I worked through things.  Without thinking about what you are going to say, you can cause such heartache.    Father I pray that I can control my words.  I pray that my words will be used to build up and not tear down.
                                                
This is an old favorite by Sidewalk Prophets.  I hope you enjoy it.
                           
Blessing of the Day:Tim and I went to a restaurant called, The Whip.  It is at the end of the street where I grew up.  It's the restaurant where my grandfather marched the kids from the street to the outside window and we all were treated to ice cream cones.  That's fond memory I'll have forever.

Thanks for coming by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....