Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Ripple Effect and Kindness


Isn't this little duck cute?  I had to share him because he is saying what I'm thinking! LOL
I can't think of a more calming place to be than the beach.  Just the sound of the wind, waves, and gulls is enough to put you to sleep day or night.
I know I've shared this before but it's a good reminder for me.
Do you know what your smile can do?  Really, your smile can make someone's day.  You don't believe that? Well it's true.  There have been stories I've read where someone who was going to end their life didn't because someone smiled or spoke to them.  It might seem silly to you but sometimes people are hanging on by a thread and one act of kindness turns things around.  Your kindness has a ripple effect that goes on and on.  When you make someone happy, they are more apt to make someone happy.

I have to tell you that this might not have had a ripple effect, but it made 4 people happy.  I was in Maria's Greenhouse and overheard a 3 year old and his grandpa as they stood at the fountain.  The 3 year old was asking grandpa if he had a penny for the fountain.  Grandpa didn't so he asked Grandma.  She didn't either, so grandpa took a penny out of the fountain so he could throw it back in.
I took 3 pennies from my wallet and walked over to the grandfather and asked if I could give them to his grandson.  He said, "Yes, and thank you."  The little boy was so thrilled that he MISSED the fountain with a penny!  LOL  His grandpa laughingly asked, "How could you miss the fountain, you are closer to it than I am?  Anyway, it was such a little thing, but to those 3 people it was a wonderful thing.
A small act of kindness when we can, is all we need to make our world around us, a better place.
Do you know how I felt the rest of the day?  I was light-hearted and smiled!  I need to continue to be aware of things around me.
This is so true.  It is very difficult to do as well.  In my quiet time this morning I read that God gives us difficult things in our life.  He is with us every step of the way.  Many times we fall into a deep, dark hole when difficult challenges come our way.  I know this happens to me.  When this happens, it's the enemy celebrating that your effectiveness for God has been hampered for a while.

What God wants us to do is to carry on and look to Him and continue to stay connected through Bible reading, friends and church.  While the situation hasn't changed, your attitude and your mind will continue to be relying on God for each step you  take.
This picture kind of goes along with making a difference in people.  Did you ever think that you might be the person someone needs to help them through a difficult time in their life?  We all need a 'lighthouse' sometimes in our life.  Look for opportunities around you.  It's not difficult, a hug could be all someone needs.
This is the card I made for Ben and Rachel's thank you notes for this month.
 Here is the card I made for today's color challenge.  The colors were daffodil, indigo and green.  I sponged the background then stamped the flowers in the front.  What do you think?
 This is the verse of the day.  I remember having a conversation years ago with my mom at a time my brother and I didn't agree on something.  My mom took his side. I was a little hurt, but not surprised, he was and still is the favorite child.  She said something about judging her for this decision.

 I remember distinctly saying, "Mom, I'm not here to judge anyone."   "That is for God alone to do."  I remember her looking at me and being quiet.  I know she was thinking about what I said.    
I wanted her to know that just because I was a Christian, didn't mean I felt I was better than her or my brother.
 We had Bible Study tonight with our friends and began talking about their 17 year old niece who has lukemia.  Her mom's an emotional mess, understandably.  We prayed about it tonight and I came across this beautiful song by Kari Jobe called, Steady My Heart.  It is good for all of us to be reminded who God is and what He does for us.

Blessing of the Day: Sarah came to visit tonight and look what she brought me.  She is so sweet.  The fact that she came tonight was funny because we had two pies from Baker's Square here.  She knows we do Bible Study on Tuesdays and have goodies.  It's like she smelled that it was here!  She fortunately took some home.  Less for Tim and I to be tempted with.

We were able to pray for the 17 year old and her family.
Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...