Saturday, June 11, 2016

Beach, Cards, What You Want

What a hot, hot, hot day it was today.  We were in the low 90's. The pool was used all day.  Sarah was in this afternoon after helping Ben with an outdoor project.  Ben and Rachel went in when they got home from Cleveland. I got in after dinner when the sun wasn't so strong.  The water was so nice after having the sun heat it all day.

I had to empty the pool strainer and YUCK it was filled with shells from those cicadas, grass, white stuff from the trees and leaves.  I'm shuddering right now just thinking about it.


Guess what? Scientists have determined that living near the water can reduce stress.  Ya think?  I say sign me up for the next study.  Put me on any beach and I'm good!  If the study doesn't go well, I'd be able to stay and start another one!
5973744257_82c7839a95_b_ocean
I have several dear friends like this.  We all have busy lives and cherish the time we can get together.

Here is one of the cards I made today.  You had to use ink, water and stencils.  I started with dabbing distress ink onto my mat. Then I spritzed it with water and ran the watercolor paper through it.  Next I dabbed the paper and covered it with the stencil and sprayed yellow ink through the stencil.  I dabbed that.  Then I used the distress inks with the applicator and applied inks in various places so it would mix colors.  I stamped the sentiment then added glitter washi tape and black candy dots.
 Here is the second card.  I need some of these for the shop in Berea where I sell my cards.
Verse of the Day: Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes.
 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes
Here's a new song from Tenth Avenue North called, What you want.  Give it a listen and see what you think.


Blessing of the Day: Time with Tim for dinner date. Time in the pool to relax.
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...