Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Bible Study, Feeling Blue, Prayer

Bible study tonight was interesting. We were discussing that once you become a Christian you should begin to change and people should be able to see fruit of the spirit in you.  You begin to do things which show a difference in your old self and new.

We also talked about how hard it is to deal with some people at work. We each could identify someone who was difficult to work with.  We then began to discuss why these people might be the way they are. There is a story there. It's up to us to pray for them and look for God's guidance in dealing with them.  More often than not we complain about this person to others at work.  That's old self. New self prays for that person and seeks God's guidance.  It sure is easier to talk about them than praying for them or talking to them.
We are challenged as Christians, the more we learn, the more we're held responsible for.  We are hopefully growing and changing and maturing in Christ.

I saw this on FB and just had to share.
Love What Matters
July 17 at 7:00pm ·

"So, on the way to work this morning, I noticed a State Trooper on the side of the road with his trunk up. I felt compelled, even with everything going on in the media, to stop and make sure he was okay. I never saw him, just the car. So, I creeped past at a snail's pace and turned around. I pulled up to the car and cracked my window, hands clearly visible. I saw a white trooper come from the side of the car. I said good morning and asked if he was okay and needed help. He smiled a brilliant smile and replied no ma'am that he was cleaning his windows. He showed the bottle and towels to me and I told him he had the good stuff. He chuckled and asked if I minded if he cleaned mine too. I told him I was OK but he insisted. Highlight of my day...state trooper cleaning my windows with the good Rain X cleaner. Every passerby had a stunned expression on their faces. Then an elderly white couple stopped by and asked if they could have theirs done also. Lol, so he cleaned theirs too. The lady offered to pay him and he said no, just say a prayer for me...so we did. Right along 46 in the wee hours of the morning parked beside the road for EVERYONE to see, we all linked hands and had prayer. White hands, black hands, officer hands, young hands, and old hands...gave glory like never before. I was late for work lol but it was truly worth it. Couldn't ask for a better way to start my day."

I saw this and wanted to pass it on.  Maybe you are a parent and hope this same thing for your kids.

It seems like there is so much competition out there.  It's in your work place, your group of friends, even your family.  There comes a time in your life that you don't care what other people think about you.  That is the most freeing thing ever!    When that happens you begin to concentrate on yourself and making yourself someone who lives more for God than yourself.  I too want to be a little more like God each day.  I want to learn and continue to grow and mature in my knowledge of the Bible.
I'm not competing with anyone but me.

Feeling a little blue....with all of the news of violence around the country, the RNC here in Cleveland where reporters continue to make issues of non-issues I got overwhelmed today. I had to lay down in bed in a quiet, dark room to be refreshed.



Who cares that Trump's wife copied Mrs. Obama's speech from 7 years ago. Obama's wife copied it from someone too!

Delegates walking out of the convention, people who want to been seen on tv demonstrate to make their point.  It seems this convention environment needs to be changed.  Our system needs to change.  It's like little kids who try to bully each other and if they don't get their way, they leave or say something hurtful.  These are adults acting this way!  Nothing to  be proud of.

What can we be proud of? The people who are showing love and support to our officers out there. They have come from all around to ensure safety for this town with all the visitors and possible nut cases.  What's fun is seeing videos of people praying with police officers and the officers crying tears of thankfulness.
Seeing a street dancer challenge a police officer to a dance off.  The officer actually participated and got a huge applause!
These officers are people too  and it wonderful to see such respect for them downtown right now.

I continue to pray that nothing happens with so many people in one place.  With all of the violence all over the world, it easily could.  Please pray for Cleveland this week.

My friend, Jan and I stamped Saturday and left each other with a stamp set to create a few cards with.  These two cards were from a set Jan brought for me to use.  This set was so much fun coloring and putting it together. I did the first card with pinks. The sentiment and background are a light green metallic paper that look amazing in real life.
 This is the second card that was done today for the color challenge from Splitcoaststampers. The colors were calypso coral, cantaloupe and so saffron.  I added the dark brown color for the card base and the sentiment.  I used a spritzer that helped me spray ink onto the card so it made little dots of color.
So much suffering going on in the world. People being killed for their belief in Jesus. No one said it would be easy being a Christian. I love the fact that Jesus is with us each step of the way.  Even in our lowest times He's there. How do people live in this world without Jesus?
...And we think WE have it hard.  Imagine living life without Christ!  Food for thought huh?



This is an oldie but a goodie.  Seventh Day Slumber sings, Lead me to the Cross.


Blessing of the Day: Dinner with Tim...he made dinner for me.
                                  Bible Study with Chuck and Maryanne.

Thank you for stopping by today.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...