Thursday, July 14, 2016

Sadness, July Teachers, Closeness

I've been so busy this week that I haven't posted here nor made cards for challenges on Splitcoast.  Tuesday I drove to visit a dear friend an hour away.  I spent the day with her.  It's been 7 months since we've seen each other.  It was a wonderful reunion.

Yesterday I spent time with Sarah.  It was wonderful.  However, the raspberry iced tea I got must have had tons of sugar in it and when I got home I had to take a nap.  The sugar makes me sleepy. I felt lethargic the rest of the day so not much got done.

I heard a sad thing this morning. A person I babysat years ago has died of a heroin overdose.  I know his family and I can't imagine the pain they are going through right now.  His dad and sister live on my mom's street.  Such sadness.  Please pray for the family of David.

I saw this on FB yesterday and had to share it.  Sometimes we can make the difference in someone's life with a look, a smile, a hug, kind words or actions.

Oh my I can so relate to this.  There's a feeling that overcomes you as a teacher.  It's worse than that Sunday evening feeling.


This goes right along with the above image.  This guy's a principal who posts such funny videos. Check this out.


Oh my, who doesn't have an opinion about the upcoming election. It's a sad time in America.

I'm seeing that missing two days of quiet time with God affects me. I am trying to be more aware of my need of Jesus every day in my morning. I need to be filled with His word, to go through my day. I'm the one who determines the closeness, not God.

So comforting that God is with us all the time.  He hears our every word.


Verse of the day:It's interesting that the more we learn about God, the more accountable we are.  When you don't know something, you can't be held accountable. However, the more mature you are as a Christian, the more you learn and know makes you accountable for more in your every day.


This is a new song by the Newsboys.  Check it out.


Blessing of the Day: I got to spend time with Sarah, shopping and eating.  It was so nice.  Thank you Lord.

Thank you for stopping here.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...