Wednesday, August 31, 2016

The Simple Woman’s Daybook




The Simple Woman’s Daybook

FOR TODAY August 31, 2016

Outside My Window...It is beginning to get light.  Birds are awakening with the sweet music of morning.

I am thinking...What a wonderful God we serve! He's created so many wonderful things for us to see and hear.

I am thankful for...my health and the skills of Gary and Mel who put in a new floor and rug on our back porch.  Phoebe and I have missed our time out there for sure.

From the kitchen...no sounds but the scent of chocolate raspberry coffee is in the air.  What a way to start the day.

I am wearing...PJ's and slippers...shhhhh don't tell anybody.

I am creating...a card using a three-panel sketch for the sketch challenge today.

I am going...to shop for bathroom towels and accessories for the guest bathroom.  My sister and brother-in-law are visiting this weekend.

I am reading...just my Bible right now. No fiction until I get more cleaning done of the two empty rooms from kids and the bathroom.

I am hoping...for a beautiful day to swim in the pool.

I am hearing...Phoebe make quiet sounds in the foyer.  I can't tell if she's calling me or just letting me know she's near.

Around the house...all is quiet.  Tim's at work and Phoebe and I are enjoying the stillness of the morning.

One of my favorite things...when Phoebe snuggles next to me or is at my feet at night.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Shopping for the guest bathroom, visiting Ben and Rachel for dinner tomorrow, volunteering at PHCA Thursday and Friday, stamping with friends on Saturday and Stamping with a friend, Sunday. Visiting with my sister and brother-in-law while they are in town this weekend.


Here is a picture...Who says Phoebe isn't a lap cat?  Here she is on Tim's tummy snoozing away. 
Today was a busy day. Sarah's class was cancelled so she came over and helped me move the porch furniture from the living room to the porch.  So thankful for that.  We had lunch together then she helped me a bit with putting the guest bathroom together.

When Tim came home we left to visit Ben and Rachel at their house.  They've gotten so much done since they moved in Saturday.  We had a great 'Ben' meal. He put chicken, broth, carrots and potatoes into the crock pot and it was a wonderful meal.  They made salads and it was complete.  It was such fun to have them taking care of us.  Tim and I sat in the living room looking at our phones like Ben and Rachel used to do at our house.

After dinner they cleaned up while we sat.  Loved it!
We all helped hang curtains.  Then Tim hung a few shelves.  Where did the day go?  No stamping for me.  I did get the bathroom fixed up with new towels and fun things.

Blessing of the Day: Dinner with Ben and Rachel, plus visiting with Sarah.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...