Saturday, September 17, 2016

100,037 Page Views

So it took a little over 9 years, but I hit 100,000 views.  Pretty cool huh?
I saw this funny post on FB and wanted to share it here.   It made me giggle. I hope you got a smile or giggle too.



A friend of mine sent this to me.  She said she thought of me when she saw this.  I have to say in this day and age you have to love teaching or you wouldn't do it.  There's such frustration in this occupation. There's so much against teachers it's a wonder they put up with everyone telling them how to do their job. When they finally get to teach, they have to teach to tests that do nothing but frustrate all who come in contact with them.  Some teachers are stuck...they have invested too much time in their career that they can't leave.  Many teachers who start out teach a few years then find something else to do that pays more and is less frustrating.
It's so sad that teaching has gone this way.  It's obvious the more government control, the less our kids learn.
Gone is the generation who were able to study poetry, art and extras teachers could do. My students used to read poetry or a story then do art projects to connect it to their general knowledge.  Then we'd write about it. The students were evaluated by me to see if they achieved their goals on their Individualized Education Plan quarterly.  Who better to test knowledge than the person who taught the kids?
Teaching isn't teaching anymore. Everyone wants to control it but not fund it.  Tell teachers to do more and more but not provide money for programs is insane.  I am thankful the great ones I know are still in the trenches doing what they love.  So many children will be fortunate for their connection with the kids they love. Once a child is in our classroom, they are 'our kids' and we love them enough to push them to do what we know they can achieve.  Many times we care more than parents.  That doesn't stop us though.  That keeps us fighting for kids and teaching them all we can while we have them.
God bless all of you who are teachers.  You are a special breed of people. So glad to know and have worked with many of you.

This is the image that was the inspiration for my card today. 


This is the card I made for today's Inspiration Challenge on SCS. The hat above was my inspiration. I stamped in versamark then added copper embossing powder. Next I watercolored the leaves with Peerless Watercolors.
Verse of the Day: No matter where we are in our life, we need to depend on Jesus. We may do things but it is not on our own. It is with the help of our Lord Jesus Christ.  We do nothing without Him.
Image result for 1 Corinthians 10:12
This is an old song by Brandon Heath but it still preaches a good story.

Blessing of the Day: Tim got a lot of things done outside today.  He also made frames for Ben's prints from Africa.  Now He can hang then in his new apartment.
Blessings,

No comments:

Museum, Flowers and Cards

 The Cleveland Children's Museum Friday, my son and I took his daughter to this incredible Children's Museum on Euclid Ave. at 40th....