Sunday, September 11, 2016

We Remember September 11th 2001

Virtually everyone can remember where they were on September 11, 2001.  I was in a classroom and my students were in gym class.  I heard the news and turned on the TV and watched horrified at the attacks in New York.
Then we heard about others. I called Tim and asked if we should pick up the kids and take them home.  I was so scared that attacks on major cities was happening and I wanted my kids with me.

Tim had been watching continuously and said he thought we would be safe because Parma, Ohio wasn't a big enough city to be attacked.  He felt that the kids and I were going to be just fine.  I remember praying that day and crying for so many people lost in such a horrible way.

When I got home, I was glued to the TV to see what other developments were happening.
You know, I remember doing the same thing when President Kennedy was shot.  I heard the news at school and stayed by the TV. I cried when he died too.

I remember watching the funeral and crying.  I was a kid, I know, but at 8 years old, I knew what was going on. Our president was dead. He was assassinated like Abraham Lincoln by a hateful man.

Such sad times that human life has no value. America has turned from God in so many ways and have the audacity to ask, "Where was God when this happened?"


This is one of my favorite songs by Lee Greenwood.

I love this picture that I found on FB.
Someday I'd like to visit New York City again, to visit the memorial of 9/11.
An interesting fact to note; The Shoppes at Parma now have a memorial to 911. They have a beam from one of the buildings and other things to commemorate that day.  I haven't seen it but plan to see it in person soon.

We do remember all that we lost that day.  In spite of it all, Americans pulled together like they never have before. Americans filled churches like never before.  God was welcomed into our cities once again.  Unfortunately it didn't last long....
This is the card I made for Ben and Rachel's thank you cards this month.  I love this set of stamps called, Flourishing Phrases.

This is Brianna's cat snuggling and napping.

This is for my 3 daughters: Sarah Annie, Brianna and Rachel.


Verse of the Day:
Image result for Philippians 4:6-7

Blessing of the Day: We got to see Ben and Rachel for a bit today.  We also saw Sarah and Brianna. It was nice to catch up on their lives.  Thank you God.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...