Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas 2016

                                                 Jesus Christ was born on Christmas so he could die for our sins at Easter. That's called sacrifice.  How many of us celebrate Christmas with Christ first, then gifts and family time?  It's sad that so many people forget that Christ is what this day is all about.
  When kids are little parents take them to church and say all of the right things.  Some Christian parents even tell their children there is a Santa Claus who gives them toys and 'stuff.'  It's interesting that while kids are in the house Christ is a part of Christmas Day.
  Once kids leave home, where does Christ go?  Does he stay with the parents for Christmas or is He all but forgotten on Christmas, Easter or day to day?
  It's something we all need to think about. As we get older often times aches, pains and daily life takes over and Jesus gets shifted in our life.  I pray that I can reconnect with Jesus and begin again to put Him first.  First in my day, not an after thought.
  I pray throughout the day but don't feed myself daily with The Bible, His word.  I pray that I begin to see the importance of building a habit again of daily time with God so I can be fed His word, daily.
                                                      
I know how blessed I am.  God has given me far more than I could have ever imagined.  I have a loving husband, and kids. I have extended family and loving friends too. I am ever thankful for all I've been given.  Thank you Lord.
                                                      
We had the kids here today for a while.  This is the first Christmas that all of the kids were out on their own.  They all came here, got something to eat, opened presents, and settled in to enjoy some family time and the Cavs game.

My twin sister, Anne posted this today and I added to it that 'Twin Sisters' were even closer.  It's amazing having a twin sister.  People used to ask me what it was like to have a twin.  I used to ask them what it was like NOT having a twin.  Hard to describe either right?
  Here's Ben with Phoebe.  Phoebe usually tries to bite Ben when he holds her.  Usually it's because he tries to mess around with her and get her wound up.  The day I took this though, he picked her up and she was fine.  I had to take the picture to prove Phoebe didn't always try to bite him! LOL
 Here's the baby kitty. She's sleeping here, but tonight found Tim's modem and all the wires that go to and fro under his desk.  He said it was like a terrible two's child wanting her own way.  The squirt bottle had to come out.
Here's a cute picture of Sarah that Ben took this afternoon.  Ben was getting my camera ready for our family picture and Sarah was on the floor.
 Blessing of the Day: I have to say that although the kids weren't here all day, I loved the time they were here.  I'm so happy when they come by.  Now I know how my mom feels when I stop by.  There's such happiness to be had by both parties.

Thanks for stopping by today.  May you be blessed by the Savior who made us all.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...