Wednesday, December 14, 2016

The Day After

I've been very busy the past few days.  Today I worked with Sarah all day on studying for her Astronomy Final.  Did you know there are things such as white dwarfs, red dwarfs, and black dwarfs? We're not talking Snow White either! LOL

A red dwarf is a small and relatively cool star on the main sequence, of either K or M spectral type.
Image result for red dwarf star

A white dwarf is a very dense star: its mass is comparable to that of the Sun, while its volume is comparable to that of Earth.
Image result for white dwarf star
A black dwarf is a theoretical stellar remnant, specifically a white dwarf that has cooled sufficiently that it no longer emits significant heat or light.
Image result for black dwarf star
I learned a lot today by helping Sarah.  She said she remembered all that we studied so she'll probably get a B in the course.  Woohoo!

Isn't this a pretty image? I love the church in the ornament.  This looks like a stamp I might have.  I love what it says: May your Christmas be filled with peace, love and joy.
Here's a card Tim gave me yesterday.  Love to hear I am loved, don't you?  Tim and I went to Carrie Cerinos Restaurant and it was okay.  We had to wait quite a long time for our food and my lasagna was warm, not hot.  The waitress wanted to give us cheesecake on the house, but I declined. With the pasta I didn't need the carbs of cheesecake too.
We enjoyed our time together which is what counted.  This time of year there are a lot of group parties so it got loud and busy.
The kids came over for ice cream drumsticks. They wished me Happy Birthday and gave me cards and presents.  It was a fun night.

Psalm 91:1-Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
Image result for psalm 91:1

Transiberian Orchestra plays Canon. This is a favorite of mine. I hope you enjoy it too.

Blessing of the Day: Being with Sarah and helping her study.
Thank you for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...