Wednesday, February 8, 2017

God Gives, God Takes Away

Well, God gave Tim and job and He took it away.  Tim doesn't have a job as of Tuesday. It just wan't a good fit. It brought too much stress which isn't worth it. At our age we don't need physical ailments due to stress. So we're continuing to trust in God and have faith that He will bring a job to Tim.
It's so hard to watch your husband suffer daily due to work issues. Since October of last year we've been dealing with his company being bought out and Tim being out of a job.  We have a peace and a calm in spite of tears.  Ladies know that sometimes it takes a good cry to let out all that's upsetting, then you feel better.  That's where I am right now. It'll be brighter in the morning.
We also know how important it is to lift up your husband and encourage him especially if he isn't working.


Saw the kids today. Ben called to see if he and Rachel could come over and do laundry.  I said sure. I came down about an hour into their visit and they were busy making lunch for themselves.  I guess our pantry and fridge has better stuff! LOL


I wish I could spend the day with my Dad and Grandfather together.


This is a picture of my mom looking at the afghan I put together using the blocks she's been knitting.  I have three finished and am working on #4. They take about 4 hours or so to put together.  I'm doing it so they can be donated to Pat Catan's Craft Store this weekend. They will donate them to facilities in the area.

This is the card I made for today's sketch challenge.  I think I'm going to make some more of  these.

I've also been busy removing the wood blocks from my stamps. I pull off the image from the top of the block and add it on top of the stamp and cut it out.  Then I put a thin layer of Eileen's tack it over and over, on the top and let it dry.  This gives the stamp enough stickiness so it adheres to an acrylic block!
The reason for this is so I can store more stamps in the cabinet next to me.  They are also lighter to take when I go on a stamping visit to a friend's house.


Verse of the Day: Both Tim and I know that where we are is right where God wants us.  Nothing is too hard for God. We know He is taking good care of us and will, in His time, help Tim get a job.
Related image

This is a new song from Blanca.  I love it! I love the beat and the lyrics.  I bet you can't sit still listening to it! It sure lifted my spirits. Thank you God! I know it was You.


Blessing of the Day: Kids visited which is always fun.  Sarah's coming over tomorrow to learn how to put the blocks together into an afghan. After she helped me sort 409 blocks  she was interested in learning how to crochet.

Thanks for stopping by. Please continue to pray for us as we follow where God leads.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...