Saturday, May 20, 2017

Live Like You're Loved

When life is stressful here's where I turn after I talk to God. I listen to a video like this.  It is a wonderful way to let go of stress. I sit with my eyes closed and let the sounds comfort and relax me.
The beach has always been my calming place.
 Today I went to the doctor and talked a bit with her about what's going on in my life that is stressful.  I told her I realize that if I let the stress affect my health, Tim and I are the ones who suffer.  Not the ones who are bringing the stress to my life.  I have to let go of what is stressing me and let God deal with it. I need to take better care of myself so I can enjoy the good things God brings to me.  I'm in control of how I deal with stress. So I'm taking responsibility for myself and moving forward. Please pray that I continue to be selfish and think of myself and doing the best thing for me.
 Here's Sarah and Rachel painting the fence in the backyard of the house Ben and Rachel are renting from her sister and brother-in-law.  They've cleaned out the flower beds, mulched, made a brick patio and painted the fence.  I can't wait to see it in person.  They've all worked very hard to get this backyard into shape. So proud of them.
Yesterday Ben, Rachel and I went to a volunteer luncheon at PHCA. Ben put in lots of hours with basketball. The food is always amazing! They also give us so many coupons and prizes.  I got a Longaberger  basket with an insert, a huge mug, a pound of coffee and a coupon for soup at a place called Zoup.
We also got several more coupons inside a thank you card.  We got a small flower pot painted white with a bag of Hershey Kisses. We also got a card that looked like a seed packet, with a seed packet inside.  We also got a large plastic mug with the school logo and a bag with the school logo which we can use for groceries.  Here's a picture of only some of what we received.  I'm feeling so grateful.


Check out this stinkin' cute garbage can! It is a reward Stampin' Up demonstrators can order.  Two come in a set. They store flat and stay in place with an elastic band.

Life has been very stressful with some siblings of late. It's hard to believe that they would do what they did in secret. It's hard to believe we all grew up in the same house with the same parents. I have been hurt deeply and need to pray to forgive.  That doesn't mean I agree with what they have done. It means I have to forgive them, because God forgives me.  I need to do this to become a healthier me. If you are one who prays, please pray for healing for my family. Please pray for me as I walk forward through the days and weeks that follow.  I can't act on impulse and emotionally. I have to do things the way God calls me to do them, not what my earthly response tells me.

This song spoke to me today. Some days I know God has directed which song I choose to put here.

Verse of the Day:
Image result for Proverbs 3:34

Blessing of the Day: I have no more obligations today so I can spend time with Tim and God.

Thanks for your prayers and for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...