Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day 2017

Happy Mother's Day 2017
Today gives me time to pause and think about motherhood.  It is the hardest job I've ever had. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.  I've been a mom for 22 years. Wow, it feels like it was just yesterday I was holding a baby boy, bringing him home. He changed it all.  When we left for the hospital, I told Tim, things would never be the same. We go in as a couple and come out a family.
22 months later God added Sarah to our family. So blessed God entrusted Tim and I with these two children.  We knew at any time they could be taken, but took the job of parents anyway.  There have been ups and downs but we all made through all of the stages kids go through. Our kids are adults and on their own now.  It's a wonderful stage of life.  I hear being a grandparent is another amazing step.  Life is amazing as Tim and I continue on our journey together.




 Do you remember those plastic cups with the paper that went inside? Well a few weeks ago I saw then and sent a 'remember when' note to Sarah.  Well Ben said, "We should make them for Mother's Day." So here are my Memory Lane gifts from Ben and Sarah.  These are so special that the kids have connected the making of these to my memories and happiness.  Love them.





 This is the gorgeous card I got from my twin, Anne.  I love it Annie. It made me cry, a good cry. I miss you so much.

This is the perfect card from Sarah. She's so into succulents. We had lunch at Applebees today. It was a wonderful mom/daughter time.

 This is my card from Tim.  As I was opening this I was thinking how neat the butterfly closure was.  You fold the wings together and the butterfly slips through a hole and you see the inside of the card.  Tim said, "You know when I got this I was thinking, "She's going to be trying to make cards like this!"  He knows me so well! LOL

While this is Mother's Day there are moms who have angels in heaven. I can't imagine that at all. Praying for all who wanted to be moms and couldn't. Praying for all who have lost a child; young or older. Praying for all of the moms who are on their own raising their children.  God you know what we all need as moms. Please be with us and help us the be the BEST moms we can be.  Amen


Verse of the Day:
Image result for Jeremiah 29:11

This is one of the songs we heard as Sarah and I had lunch. It really fit the day. I was so happy!  Enjoy.

Blessing of the Day: Lunch with Sarah, Time with Tim.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Using Dies to Make Foam Stamps

Take a good look at the dies you already have in your collection. You may be able to make foam stamps from them and add dimension and intere...