Saturday, December 30, 2017

Sarah's 21 Today!

Sarah Ann Craig was born 21 years ago today. She was born at 7:27 p.m. She was 9# 13 oz. and 21 1/4" long. She had lots of dark brown hair.
Ben visited when Sarah was a day old and marveled at the tiny human on the bed. He touched her sweetly and talked quietly to her. I think he was quite amazed. He didn't want to leave his mama and cried when his aunt Missy took him home. It made me cry too. Those hormones in a mama react to those kinds of things.
We got caught in a blizzard on the way home from celebrating Sarah's birthday. It was a nail-biter all the way home. I prayed the whole way. It was snowy, and icy roads plus diminished sight with all the snow. Thank you God for getting us home safely.
Image result for cars in a blizzard gif

I continue to find uplifting words of encouragement about God.
 It's amazing how each of us touches many people around us by what we say and do. We can have the ripple effect on others.

So important to be strong in your battle against the evil one and his supporters. They all want to discourage us and keep us from the important work God has for us to do while we're here on earth. Trusting may  be the hardest thing to do. Just continue to take a step forward in your walk with the Lord. He's got you.


Tonight before I began my blog, I saw a card in a gal's gallery that had, The Teddy Bear's Picnic. It sparked a memory I had as a teacher and a child.  As a teacher I remember listening to the song with this picture book.
Image result for teddy bears picnic movie
As a child, I remembered hearing Bing Crosby sing this song on the radio. Oh my, what sweet memories. We'd sing that song word for word with him. It all came back tonight when I heard it again. What a sweet, sweet memory.


Blessings of the Day: Sarah and I went to Pizza Fire for lunch for her birthday. I have to say I loved their garlic and parmesan cheese. No tomato sauce. It was baked for just under 2 minutes in a 700 degree oven.

Blessed to celebrate Sarah's birthday with the whole family. We had dinner, dessert and watched one of our favorite Christmas movies; Muppet Christmas.

Tim and God got us home safely through the blizzard.

Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,
Stay warm and safe.

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...