Tuesday, June 19, 2018

For Today June 19, 2018


For Today June 19, 2018
This is where The Simple Woman's Daybook began.
Looking out my window it is sunny with clouds like it might rain again. It is cooler than the last two days of 95 degrees.

I am thinking it might be a Pajama Day today.

I am thankful that Tim is such a great Christian man and father.

One of my favorite things is watching babies and listening to the noises they make.
We went to The Crusher's baseball game, Sunday, and we got to see babies and toddlers in front of us. The baby was shirtless and wore just a diaper. He constantly moved his arms and legs and looked around.

I am creating boxes with dividers to store cards or scrapbook cards. The directions can be found here.  

I am wearing a sundress with flamingos and palm leaves all around.

I am reading
 To the Moon and Back, The Baxter Family Series   -     By: Karen Kingsbury

I am hoping to scrapbook today.

I am learning to be patient and wait upon the Lord.

In my kitchen we had home made pizza last night. It was Tim's idea. It sure was good!

In the school room I have had two card classes last week, Monday and Friday. I also had a friend come over Monday and we made cards I designed.  Now my time is my own to make things I'd like to make.

This is with the new Stampin' Up set called Healing Hugs. This stamp was actually photographed the printed on rubber. It  makes it so realistic looking.
This is a thank you card to a friend who gave me three of these Fluffles stamps. When I saw this stamp I immediately thought of Tip Toe Through The Tulips by Tiny Tim.
 

   

Here are some other cards made with Healing Hugs.

The typewriter card is made with the new Stampin' Up set called, P.S. You're The Best.
I've started to take pictures with the card sample and the directions together. That way they are in the same place. It will be easier to recreate the cards this way.  This was one of the cards for my class.
This card was made with Painted Harvest, which is another Stampin' Up set. The card is a horizontal step card.

This was another card we made in my card class. This is a new Stampin' Up set called, Enjoy Life.

This is the card I made for yesterday's technique challenge.  You put washi tape on card stock, then you embossed it with an embossing folder.

In my garden strawberries are ripening, tomatoes are growing,  and roses and lavender are flowering.  Butterfly bushes are almost there. 

Shared Quote

A moment from my day
Sitting out in the screened in porch allows for some wonderful sights of wildlife.  This fellow was very fond of our neighbor's pool. We'd here him quack then splash into the pool next door. The people tried yelling at him and putting a beach ball in the pool to no avail.
However, now a floating alligator is in the pool and we haven't seen the duck since.


Our two cats really enjoy watching the chipmunks run through the gardens and under the pool deck. It keeps them busy and on alert in 'hunter' mode.

Father's Day is always bittersweet for me. My Dad is gone. I so would have loved to have seen him as a grandfather to my kids. He would have been an amazing grandpa.
He died in 1983 and at that time we'd meet on Sunday morning for breakfast and catch up with each other. We'd become 'friends' not father and daughter.  It was a wonderful time for us.

These are the two cards I made for Father's Day. The top card was for Tim. The bottom card was for Tim's Dad.

Thank you for stopping by. 
Blessings,

No comments:

The Simple Woman's Daybook April 9, 2024

 For Today April 9, 2024 The Simple Woman's Daybook began here . Looking out my window it is now dark but has been a beautiful day! The...