Saturday, October 12, 2019

Backgrounds Week



Backgrounds Week has been fun. This week I got lots of backgrounds from a friend. She's had these backgrounds she's made, put into a box to be used, 'someday'. I was helping her organize things and saw how many she had so I helped her use them.

I brought them home and found all sorts of images I had that worked well with the backgrounds. So I've spent the week, putting these cards together. I added sentiments to some and left some blank. It will depend on what South Carolina Juvenile Justice System needs.

When I know what they need, then I can stamp the blank ones.
It was funny to see how many images I had colored that needed a background to match. It was the perfect blend of images and backgrounds.

In this first grouping what is your favorite card?  I like the surfing duck. He is a Gerda Steiner stamp set. I had fun coloring him and  putting him on this card with the purple and pink background.

This second set of cards are another stamp set by Gerda Steiner. My friend, Jan and I love Gerda Steiner sets. She makes some of the cutest images around. Some of these frogs have googly eyes with eyelashes. You may not be able to see the eyelashes, but they are there.
The brick wall card, was inked by direct to paper just dragged down the wall. I love the way it covers unevenly.
The last frog is on an alcohol ink background.

How about this set of cards? Some of these backgrounds were dry embossed then colored. The stacked turtles are a slider card. The paper with 'pull' on it covers the turtles.

The bird with the brown hat is on a card that was inked up then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  The yellow bird was added to the background that was colored then sprayed with a string-like substance.
 This last section has heat embossed gold flowers,  alcohol ink backgrounds, heat embossed and watercolored backgrounds. I ended up with quite a few cards from combining images and backgrounds.
 Tim and I went to our little cafe in Berea. When he worked in downtown Berea, I stop by for lunch and we'd take out sandwiches to the square to eat. It is a quaint town square complete with a large chiming clock tower. The area had benches all around which were used very often by those wanting to enjoy sandwiches or frozen yogurt from across the street.

Sometimes when we go there we feel like the youngest there. Often there are retired men or women congregating there with coffee and cell phones. They look like the millennials with their phones, but older.  It's funny to see that no matter the age, people with phones out tend to play on the phone instead of talking to those around them.  It's sad for sure.

Tim started demolishing the small bathroom this week. We had a one-piece surround tub. Tim had to cut it up so he could carry it outside.  When he lifted the bathtub this is what he found.
 Image result for busch beer can
That sure answers a lot of questions he had about how the house was put together! Now we know why nothing was level or even.  He found a bottle of beer in a brown bag in the attic when he worked on that too.

We spent the evening with friends tonight. We had dinner with them then played a fun card game. I have to tell you that it was about 8 when we started and my brain turned to mush and I got a headache from concentrating that hard to play the game.  We all had fun though.

When we got home we watched the Yankees/Astros game. We wanted Houston to win. Oh well, there's tomorrow. It's kind of nice not having a team in the playoffs, because the tension for me is higher and I get stressed watching our team play ball.  With these games, it's completely different.

Ben's foster girls spent some time at their parent's home today. I'm praying that went well. I'm also praying that the coming back to Ben and Rachel went well. It's tough to make that transition when you are 3 and 8.

Verse of the Day:1 Corinthians 15:57
Image result for 1 Corinthians 15:57

Here's a song by Kind & Country called, No Turning Back. Give it a listen.


Blessing of the Day: I got errands run, Tim got more done in the bathroom and we had a great evening with friends. Thank you Lord for all the blessings you've given us.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Blessings,

No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...