Wednesday, February 7, 2024

The Simple Woman's Daybook February 7, 2024

 

For Today, February 7, 2024

The Simple Woman's Daybook began here.


Looking out my window and I see it's the third sunny day in a row! 
It's such a mood changer to see the sun and go out to feel it's warmth.


I am thinking that it's been so much fun to work on my plants with Tim, now that he's begun taking care of his own plants. This is only one of the areas where his plants are. He even has LED plant lights.


Here are some of my plants.  Tim helped me plant 3 yellow Christmas Cactus cuttings and Coleus plants which had rooted in water.
We cut back other Coleus plants to root them in water. We'll have some pretty plants this summer.

I am thankful that I've had some down time this week. We had a busy week last week and had Mia two days instead of one. It's nice to rest, crochet or read without worrying about a schedule.


One of my favorite things is crocheting. Here is the Afghan I made for Tim's Office/Man Cave. Tim chose the colors and the order that they would be in. He wanted the green rows to be more narrow than the rest, just to highlight the afghan. He also wanted a row of each color as the border. I used the Moss Stitch to make this afghan. It's an easy stitch to do especially while watching TV.  This is what I worked on during football season.


 I am creating a Granny Square Afghan.  I have the squares finished and now I'm beginning to crochet the rows together. Tim helped me with the layout.  This is what I've worked on while watching the Cleveland Cavaliers basketball games. 

When I awoke this morning, my cat, Phoebe had redesigned my afghan. I wish I would have seen her running and rolling around to do this. LOL

I am wearing a blue sweatshirt, black sweats and tennis shoes.

I am enjoying putting together the cards we'll be making in classes next week. They've been designed, now to cut out everything.

 

I am hoping to finish getting cards for class finished before Saturday.


I am learning new crochet stitches by doing an afghan from a kit from Annie's.



In my kitchen all is quiet but chili is on the menu for tonight.


 

In the school room I'm continuously learning new paper folds or techniques to teach my classes. Here's a technique where you stencil with Versamark on designer series paper then heat emboss with clear embossing powder.

Next you use a brayer to cover the card with ink and rub the ink off the embossed part.


In my garden all is quiet. It's 55 degrees today and sunny. It made for a nice, short visit to the screened- in porch. The two cats loved it too.

 Around the house...all is quiet. Cats are in Tim's lap and snoozing. I'm listening to quiet music as I write this and work on cards for next week.

One of my favorite things...is drinking this chocolate raspberry coffee. I found it at a great price too!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: I work on cutting paper for my card classes, stamp with friends Saturday, make chocolate covered caramel candy with Tim and going to a Super Bowl party at Ben's house.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


Verse of the Day: 1 Corinthians 1:10  I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.
Blessings of the Day- This week has been without any appointments! Tim and I actually went out on a date!
I've been able to chill out a bit since I haven't felt very well. I worked on my granny square afghan and watched a bit of TV.
I have also been able to try new techniques and card designs.

Thanks for stopping by,
Blessings,
Bensarmom



No comments:

Pocket Front Card

 This was today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers, Ways To Use It Challenge. Sabrina challenged us to make pockets.  I used the tutorial...