Thursday, September 19, 2013

Volunteering Feels Good!

  Today, bright and early, I went to my kid's former elementary school to volunteer with my dear friend, Emily.  Emily was Ben and Sarah's first grade teacher at PHCA.  Emily and I knew each other before that when she worked as a sub in an elementary that I worked in.
  When Tim and I showed up to Open House, Emily and I looked at each other and said, "I know you from somewhere."  We eventually found how we knew each other.
Emily is the one who introduced me to rubber stamping 10 years ago.  I'm so thankful for that.
PHCA is a Christian Elementary School that is small, with about 150 students.

Emily teaches 1st grade and has for years.  I was happy to be in the classroom again working with kids.  As I was leaving Emily asked if I could come in Fridays for an hour or so.  Why not?  That'll give me 5 hours of volunteering a week.

It was a gorgeous day here in Cleveland.  Love this kind of weather especially being able to sit on the screened in back porch.  When Tim comes home at 3:30 now, we make coffee and have our coffee time together on the back porch.  I really like this new habit.

I made two cards today for the ways to use it challenge on SCS.  You had to make a card with a pocket.  Here are my two.
I used the SCS tutorial to make these cards. They are for Operation Write Home. I stamped and colored the image with Copic markers. I sponged the edges of the image and insert. I stamped I Miss You and attached it to the insert.



 Here's a fun picture of Ben and Rachel at Old Man's Cave here in Ohio.  This is where they went on their honeymoon.

Blessing of the Day: I got to volunteer today.
Thanks for stopping in.
Blessings,

No comments:

May Card Class Projects

Today I have the four cards we made in my classes this month. Many of the ideas have to do with texture in card making.  I used dry embossin...