Sunday, February 26, 2017

So Glad I Was There-How Great Is Our God!

This little nugget was in my FB memories for today.  It is still the desire of my heart.
 Yesterday here in Cleveland, we hit a record for February. It hit 75 degrees! The record was 74.  Bulbs are coming up because of our mild winter. I love seeing the spring flowers.  This was a gorgeous picture of tulips of all different colors.
 For today's Featured Stamper, it was my friend, Karen. This is the card in her gallery that was my inspiration for my card.
 This is my card. I used the Stampin' Up set, High Tide.

“Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.” James 4:8a (NKJV)

Verse: “Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.” (Psalm 91:1, NIV)

Prayer: Lord, draw me close.

Your Word promises when I draw close to You, You are there. I want my drawing close to be a permanent dwelling place. At any moment when I feel weak and empty and alone, I pray that I won’t let those feelings drag me down into a pit of insecurity. But rather, I want those feelings to be triggers for me to immediately lift those burdensome feelings to You and trade them for the assurance of Your security.

I am not alone, because You are with me. I am not weak, because Your strength is infused in me. I am not empty, because I’m drinking daily from Your fullness. You are my dwelling place. And in You I have shelter from every stormy circumstance and harsh reality. I’m not pretending the hard things don’t exist, but I am rejoicing in the fact that Your covering protects me and prevents those hard things from affecting me like they used to.

You, the Most High, have the final say over me. You know me and love me intimately. And today I declare that I will trust You in the midst of my pain. You are my everyday dwelling place, my saving grace.

In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
 Lysa TerKeurst

I can relate to this entry from Lysa TerKeurst. I am pulling closer to God and he draws near to me. With all that's going on with Mom, and Tim, I am seeing God work in all kinds of ways in my life.
I'm wondering if due to Mom's medical issues, God has a plan for siblings to get along.  Whatever it is, I'm not angry at God. I know He has a purpose in all of this.  He will bring us and Mom through this, step by step. He is always at our side.  We need to recognize that and keep praising Him for all He has given us and done for us.

Yesterday when I visited Mom, she was in her wheelchair watching a basketball game. Hmmmm, I wondered if she chose it or if that was on the TV when they turned it on for her.
It made me wonder what I might do for her. Could she enjoy a magazine from home?  She had a newspaper, but it's difficult to read it one-handed.

Mom seemed tired and out of sorts. However, when asked, she said she was ok.

Mom did an amazing thing while I was there.  She was tired and wanted to get back into bed.  She rang her buzzer. When the nurse assistant came in Mom took her left hand and put it next to her right cheek and tilted her head to show sleep.  I was blown away!  They knew exactly what she wanted!
Image result for sleep
Praising God for all Mom's learned in the 5 days she's been in rehab.

Here's a song that truly expresses my feelings right now!



Blessing of the Day: Mom's ability to tell the nurse what she needed!
Thanks for stopping by.
Blessings,

No comments:

Using Dies to Make Foam Stamps

Take a good look at the dies you already have in your collection. You may be able to make foam stamps from them and add dimension and intere...